El Nino. Where have you been all my life?
If January’s weather is any indication, 2016 is going to be a GREAT year. The mild winter we are experiencing means we should be able to get an earlier start, and help even MORE great clients build their backyards this year!
So what should YOU expect from the decking world in 2016?
Well, here’s a few things you might want to keep in the back of your mind for your project:
- The exchange rate is going to hurt. Unfortunately, almost ALL composite decking products are manufactured in the USA. And with our Canadian dollar not enjoying as pleasant of a 2016 as we are, it’s going to be a bit pricier to build a composite deck this year than last year. But don’t fear, we have options we can discuss with you.
- Get creative – the HGTV Effect. More and more people are looking for some creativity in their deck designs. And why not??? HGTV has blessed Canadians with ideas and inspirations about what a deck CAN be. It doesn’t have to be a square. We expect this trend of creative design to continue in 2016.
- New Years Resolution – More curves? You may have made a promise to yourself to get rid of your curves this year – but your back yard is begging for them! Building curved decks isn’t that common in our market yet. Contractors here have not learned how, or invested ($$$) in the equipment to build them. But we have. We have built curved decks when others said no. We bought the equipment because we WANT to be more creative! Challenge us!
- Wood makes a comeback? With the cost of composites increasing this year, over what was already a premium priced product – wood may see a bit of a resurgence. 90% of the time, this means pressure treated lumber. But it doesn’t HAVE to. Cedar is a great looking option that is often overlooked because of the fear of maintenance. Ask us how we can make that go away for you. Hardwood decking options are also starting to make their way north. We’d love to chat about your options!
- A little birdie told me – you just might have more deck options this year, than you EVER had before. It’s a little too early to give too many details here – but boy, do we have some exciting news we are biting on right now! Contact us for a little more info “off the record!”
So if you are in the market for a deck or a whole backyard, this summer – let’s chat! We love talking to clients about their projects, and there’s no cost or obligation to do so.
If you have any questions whatsoever, reach out to us!